Christmas means Presents and that means Shopping.
Retail therapy for some, dreaded duty for others.
The time to prepare is now. It takes time to prepare and list and promote. From those super organized people who have their Christmas shopping done by the beginning of November, to the person dashing out on Christmas Eve looking desperately for the last minute bargain, the ones who win and profit prepared early.
There are many markets and niches:
1. Parents looking for children’s gifts and toys and Santa Claus stocking fillers.(This is a massive market as Christmas is very much about kids)
2. Hosts and home makers looking for decorations, accessories like catering equipment, christmass lights, packaging, cards and gift wrap, napkins.
3. Women wanting special gifts for boyfriends, partners, husbands.
4. Men looking for gifts for women, wives and girlfriends, daughters and mothers.
5. Women doing shopping for for family members, mothers, friends.
6. People on a tight budget looking quirky, or cheaper items.
7. People looking for luxury Christmas gifts,
8. Corporate and office Christmas and New Year gifts.
9. Environmentally and socially aware people looking for green gifts, fair-trade and eco-friendly items, recycled, vintage and craft gifts.
10. Shoppers. People even buy for themselves when they get on a shopping roll, including after Christmas splurges with gift money